black t shirt
We are living in perilous times. It is crucial that in order for us to be victorious in life, we have to understand the type of battle we are fighting. And in order to win this battle, we need the help of God because, “We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12). It is vital that we understand that we in a spiritual warfare. When know what type of war we are fighting, we know what weapons to use. Unfortunately, many Christians fight spiritual warfare with physical weapons.
We Wrestle against the Spirit Realm
We are in a spiritual battle. Paul says, “Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:11-12). You are a soldier in a war and in order to win you are going to need all the armor God has provided for you. The items of your equipment to fight this battle can be found in Ephesians 6:13-18, as follows:1. The Belt of truth 2. The Breastplate of righteousness 3. The Shoe of the preparation of the gospel of peace 4. The Shield of faith 5. The Helmet of salvation 6. The Sword of the Spirit 7. All Prayer
1. The Belt of truth During biblical times, men usually wore loose deer hunting t shirt that hung down below their knees. Before doing anything-strenuous work, they would gather up their loose garments above their knees and fasten it with a belt around their waste. That what we must do as well, gather up and fasten out of the way anything that would stop your freedom to follow Jesus. The “belt” that enables you to follow Jesus is God’s word, and it is applied in a very basic and practical way.
2. The Breastplate of Righteousness Think of the breastplate as protecting your most critical and vulnerable area–your heart. If only most of us can really grasp this, it will save so many people from getting their hearts broken. That is why the bible says, “with the heart”–not wit the head–“one believes to righteousness” (Romans 10:10). We are also warned to “guard your heart” (Proverbs 4:23 emphasis added).
3. The shoe of the preparation of the Gospel of peace Just like you are able to move from one place to another with your cell phone, it’s the same thing with your shoe. It makes you mobile. You must be available to God any time or place to share the Gospel with those God put in your way. This will teach you to make yourself available to God whenever or wherever and however.
4. The Shield of Faith A shield is use to protect your whole body, but it’s only effective when you learn how to use it. You too must learn to use your faith as a shield to protect your whole person–Spirit, soul, and body–from Satan’s fiery darts. Not only will the shield protect you from the flaming darts, it extinguishes them.
5. The Helmet of Salvation The helmet protects another vulnerable area–the head that is the mind. It’s not safe riding a bike/motorcycle without a helmet because if you get in an accident, that helmet can save your life. That’s why it’s so important to protect it because Satan will attack your mind more than any other part of your personality.
6. The Sword of the Spirit–the word of God Knowing the word of God is so important as mentioned earlier. Having the bible on your bookshelf will not protect you. God’s word becomes a sword when you speak it through your mouth in faith. Do what Jesus did in Mathew 4 when Satan tempted him. He answered him back by quoting scriptures: “it is written…” it is very vital that you learn how to do the same thing.
7. The Final Weapon–Prayer You will be surprise how much prayer changes things. Through prayer you can pray for someone who lives in another continent, or state. I have heard of story after story from people who prayed for their family, relative, or friend from different countries as well as states and God answered their prayer. Never under estimate the power of prayer. Nevertheless, it takes discipline and maturity to learn to use such a powerful weapon. In other words, you have to pray everyday, even when you do not feel like praying.
Know your Authority in Christ “Then Peter said Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk” (Acts 3:6). Peter knew that the God He serve is a God that can do anything.Because of the Birth, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, we have been given all the authority to overcome the works of the enemy. However, not too many of us know how to use that authority.When begin got understand that, “Greater is He [Jesus] that is in you than he [Satan] that is in the world” (I John 4:4), your life will never be the same. When you know that, “You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you” (Phil. 4:13), you will keep serving God. When you understand that, “NO weapon formed against us shall prosper” (Isaiah 54:17) you will have no reason to be afraid of the devil.”And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth” (Matt. 28:18). It gets me exited to know that Our Heavenly Father has all the authority in heaven and earth.
Do not give up, but keep fighting! “And a champion went out from the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, from Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span. He had a bronze helmet on his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail, and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of bronze. And he had bronze armor on his legs and a bronze javelin between his shoulders. Now the staff of his spear was like a weaver’s beam, and his iron spearhead weighed six hundred shekels; and a shield-bearer went before him. Then he stood and cried out to the armies of Israel, and said to them, “Why have you come out to line up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and you the servants of Saul? Choose a man for yourselves, and let him come down to me. If he is able to fight with me and kill me, then we will be your servants. But if I prevail against him and kill him, then you shall be our servants and serve us. And the Philistine said I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together. When Saul and all Israel heard these words of the Philistine, they were dismayed and greatly afraid” (1 Sam. 17:4-11). Sometimes your situation will seem hopeless. You might even get discourage because things do not seem to be getting any better. This was the situation the Israelites had with the Philistines. They could not see any way how they were going to defeat Goliath (a one-man army). However, God had a different plan in mind–David.
When all hope seems lost, when you have prayed and cried and cried and prayed nothing seems to be happening, do not give up but keep on praying and crying. Many of us loose our spiritual battle because we give up too soon. Your situation may not look hopeful at this moment, but if you will only keep on praying, God will come through for you.Something happens when you pray continuously. It lets God know that you need His help. It lets Him know that you are not a quitter but a fighter. Satan hates it when you pray because by praying you are doing a massive damage to his kingdom. “Then David said to the Philistine You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands” (1 Sam. 17:45-47).
Because of David’s courage, God delivered Goliath into His hands. Never in a million years would any of the Israelites army have though that a young boy would defeat a lion or a giant. However, God knew what He was doing. Regardless of how young you are, when you hold on to Jesus and not give up in spite of what you go through, there is no limit as to how far He will take you.
You can see more: lưới cầu thang
write by carter