black t shirt
A lot of things come to mind when talking about sunny Florida. On the top of the list are pristine beaches, nice, warm sunny days, white sand, and exciting water sports and activities. But did you know that Florida is also famous because of the Everglades? If you haven’t heard about it, it’s Florida’s amazing natural ecosystem. Indeed, it is something that you cannot afford to miss when visiting the Sunshine State.
After exploring the beaches and after working on your suntan, head to Miami and drive about 35 miles southwest. You’ll be able to access the Everglades National Park’s entrance via Everglade City or via Shark Valley.
Being the 3rd largest National Park in the United States, the Everglades is a 10,000 square miles swamp of mangrove forests, subtropical marshes, prairies and tree islands. You can expect subtropical climate while you’re here. You can expect to see at least 350 species of birds, which include hawks, ospreys, and the great bald eagle.
Interested to visit the park? Then, there are things that you need to do to prepare for this exciting adventure and these are the following:
- First, know the best time to visit. Months before you visit the Everglades, make sure that you do your research not just to get information about the park but also to know how you can properly prepare for the trip. One thing that you need to consider is the time of the year you’re going to schedule this adventure. November – March is the best time to visit the park when it’s not too hot and there’s little rain. This is recommended if you’re bringing your kids with you.
- Bring insect repellant. Expect different insects to roam around the place anytime of the year. Before you enter the park, put on generous amount of insect repellant lotion. You can also wear long-sleeves tops and pants to cover most parts of your body.
- Wear comfortable shoes. One way to really enjoy this park is by exploring its Amhinga Trail and Mahogany Hammock Trail where you’ll see turtles, alligators, egrets, anhingas, and different types of birds. You’ll also get to see jungle-like tress, which include some of the biggest mahogany in the country and gumbo-limbo.
- Pack lightly. As you’ll be expecting to walk around for one whole day, it’s best if you pack only the things that you’re going to need. These include mosquito repellant, sunglasses (if you’re visiting on a very hot, sunny day), hat, extra shirt, and face towel. You don’t need to bring food and water as you’ll find restaurants and general stores while you’re at the Flamingo.
- Bring source of entertainment for the kids if you’re going to take advantage of Boat tour. This is an amazing tour that you shouldn’t miss as it’s highly educational. In here, you’ll get to see crocodiles, alligators, manatees, and a lot of birds. However, it’s a two-hour trip, which can be very long for little children. Bring something that will entertain them and bring lots of drinks and snacks for the whole family.
You can see more: lưới an toàn
write by Goldwin