black t shirt
Installing an underground electric gate motor can be a very difficult job.
Only undertake this work if you have the necessary skills to complete the job.
Always read the safety and installation instructions before you start this task.
If you don’t understand anything in their instructions, contact the manufacture, to clarify the situation. This guide will show you how to install an underground gate motor kit to a pair of gates. Before you start digging holes I suggest that you check that the posts or pillars are strong enough to take the weight of the proposed gates. If they were recently constructed please wait for at least 2 weeks for the mortar or concrete to set properly.
Before proceeding with the installation, make sure that the structure is suitable and that it complies with all the regulations in force. In particular, you need to make sure that:
• there are no points of friction in the opening and closing travel of the gate;
• the gate is well balanced, i.e., once it is stopped in any position it should not show a tendency to start moving again;
• the gate opens and closes smoothly and noiselessly;
• the area selected for gear motor installation enables easy and safe manual operation;
• make sure that the mounting area is compatible with the dimensions of the underground box
• provide a closing strike and, if possible, also an opening strike plate.
Installation of foundation casings.
1. Excavate the foundation hole based on the overall dimensions, add at least 100mm all round to give a strong bond; provide good drainage in order to prevent water stagnation.
2. Place the box inside the foundation hole; the stud must be aligned with the axis of the hinge
3. Provide a duct for the electrical cables and a large drainage pipe.
4. Bury the foundation box in concrete, leave a few mm.of the box above ground level; for a few days making sure it is set.
5. Mount the control bracket on the box’s stud along with the ball.
6. Set the gate leaf on the release lever, and weld them securely together.
7. Do not forget to grease the bearing using a suitable grease nozzle.
When installing the foundation box allow approximately 100mm around the box and 100mm underneath the box for concrete, ensure that the heel of the casing is packed with concrete as this is where all of the weight of the gate will sit.
This diagram details the basic cable layout for a pair of motors. The power supply to the control panel should be permanently live and protected in accordance with local electrical regulations. The supply should be rated at a minimum of 6 amps. When installing wires outdoors the cable approach to all devices must be from below to create a “drip-loop” and thereby avoid unnecessary water ingress.
Some modern motors are now low voltage d.c. which will give you a quieter and safer installation.
Hanging the gates
Before attaching the gates ensure that the gate pivot point are adequately greased. When hanging the gate ensure that they are square and level before welding the gate to the shoe.When hanging wooden gates it is necessary to create a U-shaped carrying shoe from mild steel which can be welded to the top surface of the shoe. Then the wooden gate can be bolted into position, with the U-shaped carrying shoe clamped to the bottom of the gates.
A detailed description of the electronic control board will be found in the instructions. Remember to remove the circuit board from the box before you drill any holes in the box for the cables. One slip and you could need to replace the whole board. Make the holes (3 usually 1 for the power in, 1 for the left small box and 1 for the right small box) large enough to take the tubing.
Power up the control card, make sure you have the correct low voltage output before you add the receiver and tune in the remote controls, or connect the safety photo-cells.
Consult the instructions for the full testing procedure and carry out all safety checks. When all the devises are working properly, and the gate is doing what it should, give yourself a huge pat on the back for undertaking and completing a very complicated job.
As a professional installer I would usually expect to make at least 4 visits to the clients property and spend about 8 hours fitting and testing etc.
I hope this has helped you install your gate automation system. This guide only covers the basic mechanical and electrical installation. If you would like more details you are very welcome to contact me through my website.
You can see more: lưới an toàn
write by Alden